How to play Dead Island via Smartsteam or Tunngle
I no longer play this game. No more support for this game. Everything can be found at CS.RIN.RU.
Update 3 for DI. Download here.
1. Copy and overwrite the content.
2. If your steam_appid is set to 57940 this will remove (but not delete) the save files. You can fix that by not copying steam_appid:)
3. Your save files are in the following folder (depending on which appid you use. )
Enable steam cloud if your game doesn`t save progress.
Switching appi: Copy save game to 13140 or 57940 and restart steam.
Update 2 for DI. Download here. Mirror
1. Copy the files to your game directory.
2. Start Smartsteam and play the game. Game saves are not lost (tested and working).
This one is pretty straight forward. Thanks to CS.RIN.RU
You need smartsteam if you are using these files. If there is a way for you to play only via Tunngle I`ll find it and post it here.
1. Install the game (reloaded or what ever you used)
2. Download the following update and co-op fix here.
3. Copy and overwrite the co-op/update files.
4. Start Smartsteam and Tunngle if you wish. In smartsteam add a non steam game.
5. Play. When ACT1 starts you can access game lobby.
6. Buy the game if your playing it and support the developers.
NOTE: Applying co-op fix might delete your save game.
Additionaly you can run Tunngle and go to room Dead Island (1,2 or how many there are now) and play with your friends on tunngle. Smartsteam has to run even if you run Tunngle.
Assuming you have installed the game correctly this should work.
Installing SmartSteam (you need smartsteam if you are using these files).
1. Download SmartSteam from here. These guys know what they are doing and there are no surveys/malware or anything else included in those files.
2. Make a dummy account on Steam.
3. Copy all the files that you downloaded to your steam folder.
4. Run Smartsteam.